Monday, June 22, 2009

Homemade Windchimes

After attending the "garden art" workshop at Innis Woods last week (pictures of that to come) I was inspired to make some of our own artwork for our garden.
I found this idea on The Crafty Crow where there are tons and tons of fun ideas (and complete instructions).
The kids really enjoyed making these and are already asking to make some for gifts, so all you friends and family who read this you may have one of these cute wind chimes coming your way!
Emma's masterpiece.

Colin's beautiful finished product.


Adrienne decided to do each string of beads the same color. I love it!!!

A close up of Colins beads.
Finding the perfect spot.

Emma painting her dixie cup.

The girls working together.

The beading took some time so I don't recommend this project to kids under 5. Also, there is quite a bit of "mom prep"!
I bought a big bin of beads at Michael's for 9.99. We have so many left over so if any of you want to do this project I got beads for ya!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Very cute! Love all those beads!!!

Margot said...

Me! I want to do that with the girls they would love it!